Locating Part Drawing Layout on Paper
Locate an original part drawing on a desired sheet of paper. A part drawing located on paper is called as a part drawing layout. You can locate part drawing layouts by specifying an area, or a scale/angle.
It is also possible to locate part drawings freely according to your applications, such as locating a multiple number of the same part drawing on one sheet of paper, or one part drawing on multiple sheets of paper.
- Right-click an original part drawing to be located in the part drawing tree.
A short-cut menu will be displayed.
- Click [Locate Part Drawing on Paper].
A part drawing to be located will be displayed, enabling locating it on paper.
- Specify a method to set an area of the part drawing in [Specify Area] box on Command Window.
Specifies a rectangle of the part drawing, and locate it enclosed by the rectangle on paper. Proceed to Step 4.
Specifies a polygon area of the part drawing to locate the area enclosed by the polygon on paper. Proceed to Step 4.
Specifies the circle area of the part drawing to locate the area enclosed by the circle on paper. Proceed to Step 4.
Specifies no areas to locate, and locates the entire drawing on paper. Proceed to Step 5.
- Specify the area of the part drawing.
When specifying a rectangle
Click the start and end points for the area of the drawing.
When specifying a polygon
Click 3 or more point arrays in order on the drawing, and press Enter key on the keyboard, or click on the toolbar on Command Window.
When specifying a circle
Click a center point on the drawing and input a radius.
- Specifies a sheet of paper on which the part drawing layout is located in [Paper] box on Command Window.
||You can specify a sheet of paper by clicking the paper tab from part drawing switching tabs on Drawing Window.
- Input scales for X and Y axes for the part drawing in [Scale] box on Command Window.
- Input a locate angle for the part drawing in [Angle] box on Command Window.
- Click the position to which the part drawing is to be located on paper.
A part drawing layout will be located at the clicked position with the specified area, scale, and angle.
||When specifying a rectangle, you can specify the area start point, area end point, and locate point by inputting X and Y coordinates in [Area Start Point], [Area End Point], and [Locate Point] box on Command Window.
||You can specify a polygon area by inputting X and Y coordinates in [Point Array] box on Command Window.
||You can specify a circle area by inputting X and Y coordinates in [Center Point] box on Command Window to specify a center point.