Upgrading Add-in Project in Ver. 9/Ver. 10/Ver. 11 Format to Ver. 12 Format
To use add-in projects created in RootPro CAD Ver. 9/Ver. 10/Ver. 11 in RootPro CAD Ver. 12, it is necessary to upgrade the projects with the following procedures.
|▪||For add-in projects newly created in Ver. 11, there is no need to upgrade; for add-in projects created in Ver. 9/Ver. 10 and projects upgraded from Ver. 10 or earlier to Ver. 11, upgrade according to the following procedure.|
Add-ins for RootPro CAD Ver. 12 can be created with "Visual Studio 2022/2019/2017".
If you are using "Visual Studio 2013" or "Visual Studio 2015", please install "Visual Studio 2022".
Downloading "Visual Studio 2022"
- Start up RootPro CAD Professional, and click [Add-ins] - [Launch Visual Studio] menus.
Visual Studio will start up.
- Click [File] - [Open project] menus in Visual Studio to select a solution file (.sln) for an add-in project.
- Click [Project] - [(ProjectName) property] menu to display the setting screen for the project.
- Modify [Target framework:] on [Apps:] to [.NET Framework 4.6.2], if it is not already set to [.NET Framework 4.6.2].
- Select [Start External Program] on [Debug], and click [...] on the right.
[Select File] dialog box will be displayed.
- Select RootProCAD.exe in a folder RootPro CAD is installed, and click [Open].
Normally, the path is "C:\Program Files\RootPro CAD 12 Professional\RootProCAD.exe".
- Click [File] - [Save All] menus.
Build of add-in projects
- Select [Build] - [Build Solution] menus.
Build will be executed, and an add-in file (.dll) will be created.
- Select [Debug] - [Start debugging] menus.
Professional will start up, so check that the add-in operates correctly.
|▪||Add-ins are only used in RootPro CAD Professional. RootPro CAD Free cannot use these functions.|