In RootPro CAD, a transparent tier exists on a drawing, and all shapes belong to the tier. This transparent tier is called as a layer. Every drawing file has one or more layers, to which all shapes created belong. Using layers enables an effective management of a large number of shapes.
Layers are only related to shapes, having no relationship with paper or part drawing.
Layers have attributes such as color, line type, line width, editing status, printing, description, etc. Modifying these attributes enables the following operations.
- Disabling Editing Shape on Layer
- Hiding Shape on Layer
- Temporarily Hiding Shape on Layer
- Modifying Color, Line Type, Line Width of Shape on Layer
- Disabling Printing Shape on Layer
- Sorting Layer
- Simultaneously Modifying Statuses of Multiple Layers