Saving in AutoCAD File Format (DWG/DXF)
Saving in AutoCAD file format
- On [File] menu, click [Export] - [Export to DXF File] / [Export to DWG File].
[Export] dialog box will be displayed.
- Select a saving location.
- Enter a file name in [File Name] box.
- Click [Save] button.
The drawing created in RootPro CAD will be saved as an AutoCAD drawing file.
Setting to save in AutoCAD file format
- On [File] menu, click [Import/Export Options] - [DXF/DWG File Settings].
[DXF/DWG File Settings] dialog box will be displayed.
Select [Export] tab, make necessary settings, and click [OK] button.
Restrictions on saving in AutoCAD file format
When saving a drawing file created in RootPro CAD as an AutoCAD drawing file (DXF/DWG), the following restrictions will apply.
■ Saving format
Any of [R13], [R14/LT98/97], [2000/LT2000], [2004/LT2004], [2007/LT2007], [2010/LT2010], [2013/LT2013], and [2018/LT2018].
■ Shape data after conversion
Shapes in RootPro CAD drawing files saved as AutoCAD files are converted in the following shapes.
|RootPro CAD shape data||AutoCAD shape after conversion|
|Point||POINT of "·" type|
|Text||When a text has 1 line with the number of characters at 256 (single byte) or less, it will be converted as TEXT.
When a text has more than 256 (single byte) characters, or multiple lines, it will be converted as MTEXT (multiple texts).
* Horizontally aligned fonts are converted to TrueType fonts or big fonts (specified by an option).
* When converting vertically aligned fonts to MTEXT, the system will modify the base of locate place, and rotate fonts by 90 degrees.
* When converting vertically-aligned fonts to TEXT, they will be converted to big fonts.
* Vertically aligned fonts have a character angularity of 0 degrees.
* Single-byte characters of TEXT are rotated by 90 degrees.
* A character pitch is 0.
* When converting vertically or horizontally reversed text to MTEXT, the reverse setting will be nullified.
* The text height (with option settings), locate base point, etc. are automatically adjusted to fit to DXF/DWG specifications as close as possible.
|Lead||TEXT and POLYLINE, SOLID, CIRCLE|
|Balloon||TEXT and POLYLINE, SOLID, CIRCLE|
* An option to explode to basic shapes is available. Tolerances are always exploded to basic shapes.
|Hatch||Solid hatches are converted to solid type HATCHs.|
Pattern hatches are converted any of SOLID, LINE, NET, DOTS, DASH, ZIGZAG and BRICK in AutoCAD.
User-defined hatches (line hatch patterns) are converted to user-defined or defined types with the same name, or custom type hatches.
User-defined hatches (shape hatch patterns) are converted after being exploded to basic shapes.
* Patterns and solid shapes are converted when a saving format is [R14/LT98/97] or later.
* Transparency for solid hatches is converted when a saving format is [2010/LT2010] or later (Max. 90%). Note that, however, only AutoCAD 2011 or later versions can handle transparency.
* When converting a user-defined hatch, opening the converted file in AutoCAD and editing it, the line pitch may change, or a value may not be modified. This is caused by the inconsistency in the hatching pattern in AutoCAD and that written in RootPro CAD. RootPro CAD does not modify or create a pattern file. To edit these hatches in AutoCAD, re-draw them.
|Drawing Group||Converted to a group.|
|Drawing component||INSERT (block insert) and BLOCK (block).
* Any drawing component in RootPro CAD located with the layer [None], INSERT located on 0 layer (block insert).
* Attributes are also converted.
* An option to explode drawing components to basic shapes is available.
|Image||Save an image file in the same place as for the saved AutoCAD file (DXF/DWG).
File name is the same as AutoCAD file (DXF/DWG).
* For multiple image files, numbers are added to the last of the file name.
* Converted when a save format is [R14/LT98/97] or later.
* Formats for image files can be specified in either TIFF (monochrome), BMP, JPEG, or PNG (using an option).
* RootPro CAD creates a block of part drawings, but not images when converting paper.
In such a case, images are converted to first data for individual part drawings.
|OLE object||OLE object|
■ After converting color No. and name
Color Nos. and names in RootPro CAD drawing files saved as AutoCAD files are converted to the following Nos. and names.
|Color No. in RootPro CAD: Color name||Color No. in AutoCAD after conversion: Color name|
|1: Black||250 or optionally 8: White|
|2: Red||1: Red|
|3: Green||3: Green|
|4: Blue||5: Blue|
|5: Yellow||2: Yellow|
|6: Purple||6: Magenta|
|7: Aqua||4: Cyan|
|8: White||7: White|
|9: Peony pink||222|
|12: Light green||95|
|13: Light blue||150|
|14: Blue purple||181|
|15: Light gray||9|
|17 and after||Colors having close color values|
■ Converting line type
Line type Nos. and names in RootPro CAD drawing files saved as AutoCAD files are converted to the following line type names.
|Line type No. in RootPro CAD: Line type name||Line type name in AutoCAD after conversion|
|Layer Line Type||BYLAYER|
|3: Dashed spaced||ACAD_ISO03W100|
|4: Long dashed dotted||ACAD_ISO04W100|
|5: Long dashed double-dotted||ACAD_ISO05W100|
|6: Long dashed triplicate-dotted||ACAD_ISO06W100|
|9: Chain double-dashed||ACAD_ISO09W100|
|10: Dashed dotted||ACAD_ISO10W100|
|11: Double-dashed dotted||ACAD_ISO11W100|
|12: Dashed double-dotted||ACAD_ISO12W100|
|13: Double-dashed double-dotted||ACAD_ISO13W100|
|14: Dashed triplicate-dotted||ACAD_ISO14W100|
|15: Double dashed triplicate-dotted||ACAD_ISO15W100|
|Other line types||Same name (Line parts whose pitch length 0.1d (d= 0.5 for settings where pitches are proportional to line widths) at 0.05 or less are converted 0 as dots.)|
|▪||When selecting [Pitch Proportional With Line Width] in the line type table in RootPro CAD, pitch will be 0.5, and when selecting [Pitch Not Proportional With Line Width], the d value will be converted to a global line type scale (LTSCALE).|
|▪||[Use Paper Space Unit for Scale Settings] option for DXF/DWG (PSLTSCALE) is converted to OFF (0).|
■ Line type conversion
When saving files in data formats for AutoCAD 2000/AutoCAD LT2000 or later, line widths will be set for individual shape data. Data formats for before AutoCAD 2000/AutoCAD LT2000 cannot set the line width for shape data.
|▪||When converting a drawing with multiple part drawings without specifying a necessary part drawing, all part drawings will be converted on modeling space in DXF/DWG.|
|▪||When [Specify Size] is selected for paper size, a standard size close to the specified value will be selected.|
|▪||If there is a part drawing layout with different X/Y scales, part drawing layout will be located as a block in AutoCAD.|